Extra protection with every check you write!
Did you know that identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in America, costing the “average victim an estimated $500 and taking 30 hours to resolve?” So far, we have addressed many tips for protecting yourself, such as shredding documents and using strong passwords. Now, we’d like to tell you how our high security checks can help protect you against check fraud, which is when someone, other than those named on your account, alters information on your checks, resulting in unauthorized transactions.
As pictured above, our Securiguard® check designs contain six advanced security features to help protect you from check fraud. These security features prevent reproduction by copiers or scanners and are built into the checks to help you detect if fraud has been attempted or committed. Our Securiguard check features include:
- Foiled Hologram – Multicolored, 2 dimensional holographic foil that cannot be removed or reproduced
- Chemically Sensitive Paper – Stains or spots may appear with chemical alteration
- Micro printed signature line – Small type in signature line (as shown in the blue picture above) that appears as a dotted line when copied
- Padlock Icon – Certification mark of the Check Payment Systems Association
- Security warning box – “Security Features Included. Details on Back.”
- Security Screen (not pictured) – Absence of “Original Document” verbiage on back of check when scanned or photocopied
Check back in with us next week when we discuss “check washing” and how using our Securiguard® checks can help outsmart this type of identity thief!